Thursday, April 26, 2007

In Bloom...


Several years ago, when Jeremy and I had just moved into our house, I visited my Nanny in Greenville. While we were there, my Mom and I cleaned up my Nanny's flower bed. I brought a single amaryllis bulb back to our house and planted in my front flower bed. For three years now, that bulb has come up, but never bloomed. I just figured it was because I only had one bulb. You see, I don't know a whole lot about gardening. I just plant something, and if it dies, I know I have done something wrong. Well, I just got my first amaryllis bloom. It is so pretty and eye catching. When I mentioned to my Nanny that the amaryllis had finally bloomed, she commented that if it came from her house, it had once been one of my Great Grandmother, aka Granny's, bulbs. They lived next door to each other and my Nanny had transplanted several bulbs, and I in turn (many, many years later) had brought one of the bulbs to my house.

I don't know why that means so much to me, but it does. My Granny died on July 4th, 1996, and just knowing that I have something that once belonged to her, just means alot to me. Kinda sentimental and corny...but special just the same. Needless to say, whenever Jeremy and I decide to move, that bulb is going with us. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

P.S. Keep us in your prayers. Jackson will be having tubes put in tomorrow morning. I will let everyone know later how he did.

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...