Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Family News

Not too much to say today, at least nothing fun to say. I am going to the eye doctor tomorrow afternoon and I am nervous about the exam. I HATE things touching my eyes. There is no way under the sun I could ever wear contacts. Purposely jab my finger into my eye, I don’t think so.

In Stewart family news, my Nanny (My Mom’s Mom) will be heading to Monroeville for some therapy probably by the end of this week. She fell and fractured her hip about a month ago, and went through surgery and then some rehabilitation and has been staying at my parent’s house for a couple of weeks. Please keep her in your prayers for her to have a speedy recovery. It really has been up and down for the last couple of weeks. Mom has done a great job of taking care of her, but Nanny needs a little more help right now than can be offered by one person. We just all want to see Nanny back on her feet again really soon.

My Moore family news is really sad. We got word a couple of days ago that my Aunt Frances (my Dad’s Aunt) is really going downhill fast. She is in the final stages of Alzheimer’s disease. This has been a terrible 10 year journey for her, and her doctor has said that she has quit eating and drinking, and it is only a matter of time before she is gone. I wish I could put into words what a wonderful person Aunt Frances was. She never married, or had children, but somehow she was the grown-up forever banished to eat at the “Kid’s Table” and she never complained about it. She loved spending time with the kids in our family. She was (and is) a wonderful Christian woman, and she is so loved. We have all been blessed to have her in our lives, and I know that soon she will be in a better place.

Take care and keep my family in your prayers.

1 random thoughts:

CHELLE said...

Hey Amy, i can tell you that even though i was never officially a Moore, (though i felt like i was) Aunt Frances is a wonderful Christian woman, and would always treat me like i was of the kids in her family, I hate to hear that, and you all are in my prayers!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...