Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Jackson!!!! Can anyone else believe that we have a 1 year old? Where has time gone? I have been sitting here today thinking about everything that has happened in the last year, and I have decided that it has been the best year of my life. I couldn’t ask for a better gift from God than Jackson.
I sat watching my clock turn to 9:18 this morning, and I have to admit, I got a little teary eyed. It is weird that I feel so emotional about this, but I know I can’t be the only mother that gets a little sad about watching your baby grow up. How has it actually been a year since he was born? I keep playing back in my mind all the fun things he has done and learned over the past year, and I have come to the realization that watching him grow up will be the best/hardest thing that I will ever have to do. It is so utterly amazing watching him accomplish new things and learn new tricks, and how happy he is when he figures something out.
Some new Jackson tricks learned in the last few weeks:
1. Giving kisses (big, slobbery, open mouth kisses all over your check…it is the cutest thing ever)
2. Turning the TV on and off
3. Riding Macy (when she lets him)
4. Throwing his bottle off of his high chair. He finds this one particularly amusing.
He is the best thing that we have ever done, and I know, the best is truly yet to come!

1 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...