Friday, August 17, 2007

Holding our breath...

So I haven't mentioned this yet because we are too afraid that we are going to jinx ourselves. We wanted to make sure that everything was going okay before we mentioned it, that way, whatever happened, we hadn't bragged about it to the whole wide web world. Here goes....Sound the alarms, it is official!!!

Jackson has figured out how to fall asleep on his own :)

*I bet you thought I was gonna write something about being pregnant didn't you :). We are so not ready for that yet. We want to enjoy just Jackson for awhile

Many of you may know that Jackson has been falling asleep while taking his last bottle for a long time now. When he would finish, we would brush his teeth, slowly get up...walk ever so quietly into his room, lay him down, and then tip-toe out of the room. 4 nights ago, on a whim, we just put Jackson down after his bottle, while he was wide awake, and waited for the screams. They never came...he just rolled around in his crib for a few minutes, and conked out. Granted, the dose of Benadryl for his runny nose may have helped that first night. The second night, no benadryl, but he went right to sleep again. Now, we have had 4 nights of him putting himself to sleep. We don't want to brag too much, but I think the kid is finally on to something here. Last night he woke up around 3:00 a.m., played for a few minutes, and went right back to sleep. So nice. I can't even describe it.

I will post pictures from Jackson's B'day week later. We have his 12 month professional pics this afternoon, and his party this weekend, so I have tons of shopping to do before tomorrow. I forgot my camera, and I also have a hilarious video of Jackson laughing about brushing his teeth that Jeremy filmed last night. Too funny. Have a great weekend!

1 random thoughts:

Miranda said...

Ok, so while I love to brag that Miss Gracie has been sleeping through the night when she was 3 weeks old, this is actually AWESOME news for Jackson! Gracie has been sleeping through the night, but falling asleep on her own took some coaxing. She was also one to fall asleep while on the bottle. Now we're just having Pacifier Wars. My goal is that it is gone by her second birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...