Friday, August 31, 2007

Story time!!!

Okay I have a funny story. At least I thought it was funny. A couple of nights ago, while Jackson was getting his last bottle, he was being unusually still. I took advantage of this rare opportunity (this kid never quits moving) and told Jeremy to grab a couple of books for me to read to Jackson. Jeremy is sitting right beside us eating ice cream and watching TV (this will be important later.)
I started with a story about Winnie the Pooh and the Horrible Heffalump, and when I finished with that, I moved onto a book that Jackson’s Mimi (the other Amy Wade) gave to him. It is a cute book that shows pictures of all sorts of animals and has these little tabs that you can pull down and it says the name of the animal. As I am reading this book, we are looking at all the animal pictures and as we see a cat for example, I say the word “cat” and then Meow just like a cat would. I have worked through a bunch of simple animals like, cow, dog, bird..stuff like that, when I came to a page with a monkey on it. Now, keep in mind that Jeremy is watching some kind of sports, and not paying me a whole heck of a lot of attention. When I came to the monkey page, I was not real keen on the idea of making a stupid monkey sound, so I said, “Jackson, ask Daddy what sound a monkey makes.” I kid you not, Jeremy’s instant answer, without even looking up from the TV, was “Oink, Oink.” I thought that I was going to die laughing. It took him a split second to register what he has said, and then he just started shaking his head. There wasn’t much he could say at that point.

1 random thoughts:

Unknown said...

HA! Men and sports....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...