Monday, December 17, 2007

Haiku Anyone???

First things first…Baby, it’s cold outside!!! After weeks of sub-tropical weather, it has finally gotten cold outside. Who believes in all that global warming garbage anyways??? Not me, and I would gather that there are quite a few global warming skeptics in the Midwest and northeast region of the U.S right now. Anways….guess what. I had a totally normal and fun weekend, and I will gladly share a few highlights with my loyal readership.

But first I have to share something that I found totally exciting. Many of you know that I am an admitted blog-stalker. I read the sites of people that I have no idea who they are, but yet, I feel that I have known them forever. Most of my blog-stalking comes from links from Heather’s page, but occasionally, I stumble onto blogs that I just get hooked on. Something along the lines of 7 degrees of blogging. Rocks In My Dryer was that way. Shannon is her name, and she has an amazing site, and it is hugely visited. Anyways, all that to say, I got a mention on her page the other day. She has tons of fun contests, and mostly you just have to enter a comment to be registered for the contest. Last week, she had one where you had to write a haiku (you know the 3 lined poems with 5 syllables, 7 syllables, and then 5 syllables) about the snowfall. I entered a haiku, and she named mine as one of the Honorable Mentions. This was out of over 300 poems!!! I was so excited.

Here is my (almost) Award Winning Haiku:
No white snow for us.
Too hot in Alabama.
Eighty in Dixie.

I know you are so proud of me. If ever you need a haiku written, you now know where to turn. I will be signing autographs later for a nominal fee.
In other news, here is our weekend in a nutshell.

Friday: Jeremy and I went to have dinner with my former boss and her family. They made to die for chili, one of Paula Deen’s salads, and then we had key lime pie for dessert. We had a wonderful time, and may I just say that Jennifer is one of my favorite people in the whole world. She is fantastic!!!

Saturday: We got up and headed down to Greenville, AL for Christmas with my Mom’s side of the family. It was a Mexican extravaganza, and the food was so good. On that side of the family we never do “normal” Christmas food like turkey and dressing. We have had seafood, Italian, sandwiches, and now Mexican food, and it is always so good.

Saturday night: Jeremy and I went out to dinner at Logan’s for our 6th anniversary. The food was great, and boy do I have a wonderful husband. I am so lucky.

Sunday: Normal church and then Jackson and I took an amazing nap together after lunch. After Jackson woke up, he tried his hardest to give Macy a kiss. She was all for it, and every time I stopped him from kissing the dog, he would just crack up laughing. It was so cute. Jackson was in a terrific mood all day, and we had a blast spending the day together. He is so much fun, and even though he has fought through a bad cold all weekend, he has been a trooper.

Sunday night: Apparently while I was at church Sunday night, my dear, sweet husband, thought it would be okay to give Jackson some of his sweet tea. Then, when it was time for bed, my dear sweet child was literally pinging off the sides of the crib. Jeremy tried convincing me that he had only given Jackson a few sips, but I beg to differ. Somewhere in our dishwasher is the rememts of a sippy cup filled with tea. I just haven’t found it yet.

I guess that’ s it for today. In the words of that famous little porker, “Th-th-th-that's all folks!"

1 random thoughts:

Unknown said...

cool haiku.

on my to do list for the day: blog banner! YAY FOR NOTHING TO DO AT WORK!!!

I will email you later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...