Monday, December 03, 2007

An oh so busy weekend!

Jackson and me before the parade. Isn't he a cutie!

Jackson right after falling asleep!
Jackson laying down in the float
Hey everyone. First things first…I want to wish my Mom, aka, Nana, a Happy B’day. She turns 35 this year! Happy Birthday Mom!!! I love you!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend like I did. Mine was so busy! I will give a quick recap of what we did.

Saturday morning: Jackson and I just hung out at the house and did laundry. It was so exciting that I will spare you further details.

Saturday afternoon: Jackson stayed at my parent’s house while I went to go help decorate our church’s Christmas float. We did a nativity scene and attached tons of Christmas lights to the back of a trailer. All the lights were connected to this box that makes them blink in time to the music that was playing. It was pretty cool.

Saturday night: Jackson and I rode in the parade. We had a good time, and little man was so tuckered out by the whole thing that he fell asleep halfway through the route. He was so cute. He sat on my lap the entire time, and after a little while, I looked down at him, and his head was bobbing up and down, and he was out like a light! After we rode by my parents and they took some pictures, I just laid him down behind me and he slept the rest of the ride. Too funny!
Sunday: Normal church, and then we had a “International Taste of Missions” last night. That is simply a fellowship where each of the mission classes picks a country, and you are supposed to feature facts about that country and prepare a food so everyone can try it. My 6th grade girls picked Italy, so I prepared a big pot of meatballs, and by prepared I mean that I opened up a bag of frozen meatballs, dumped them in my Crockpot, and added a huge jar of Ragu. They were really good, and all 80 of my meatballs were gone by the time the thing was over.
That was our weekend in a nutshell. This week is looking just as busy as the weekend was. We will have a B’day dinner with my Mom tonight, we have my work Christmas party tomorrow night, church Wednesday, Dave Ramsey Thursday, and Jeremy’s sister will be coming to stay with us that night, and then we head to Mobile Friday at lunch to go down for my little sister’s graduation from graduate school. I am so proud of her! She graduated from high school in 2002, and here she is at the end of 2007 with a Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy. Way to go Kellyn!!!

Have a great week, and enjoy the pictures from the parade!

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...