Friday, December 07, 2007

Random Ramblings...

I tried Pom Wonderful yesterday. I have eyed it in the grocery store for a long time, but at $3.99 per 16 oz. bottle, I wouldn’t have dared try it. The bottle is super cute and curvy, and some homemade pepper sauce will look so cute in it next summer. But yet that curvy bottle beckoned me from the shelf when it went on sale for $2.99. I know…I know….it’s only 1 dollar off, and that still amounts to almost .20 an ounce, but I only get to live once, so I was bound and determined to try some pomegranate juice.

Their website description is “Just imagine: a tempting, jewel-like, ruby red fruit that explodes with rich, sweet flavor. When you think about it, pomegranates and cherries belong together. Both are a rich source of antioxidants. A cheery, cherry thought.”

Verdict: It’s Okay. I wouldn’t define it as cheery, not for $3.99 a bottle. I could do just as well drinking some Welch’s grape juice, or even apple juice for that matter. Just my humble opinion.

In other news, yesterday was our Dave Ramsey class. That means two things for us…Dave is going to tell us how to not live once again, and we are going to have to do the mad dash dance out of the house in order to make it to class by 6:00. So I got home last night and was putting the mail down on the counter when I heard this weird sound. “Thunk..Thwock…Thunk…Thunk.” I look around and realize that Jackson is nowhere to be seen. Then I spotted him. Enjoy the pictures.


We are heading down to Mobile in a few hours for my sister’s graduation from the University of South Alabama. She has finished her graduate degree in Occupational Therapy, and we are oh, so proud of her. She has finished both her undergrad and graduate degrees with a 4.0 average. That my dear friends, is impressive…and something that I was nowhere near accomplishing!!! At her graduation from college, I was 6 months pregnant with Jackson. I am sure that I will have some interesting things to post about Jackson’s first graduation ceremony to sit through, and also his first hotel stay. Stay tuned…I’m sure it will be exciting!!

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...