Thursday, September 11, 2008

Has it really been 7 years?

As most of you are probably aware, today is the 7th anniversary of September 11th. It seems so strange that it has already been 7 years, like maybe time should have just stopped that day. I'm sure for many families, time has stopped. I sure don't feel 7 years older. I can't help but wonder how much I have taken my freedom and safety for granted since that day.

I posted last year about where I was when it seemed like everything in my little idealic world changed, but this year, I want to hear from you about your memories of that day. Where were you? What sticks out in your mind?

Let's remember to pray for those who lost loved ones that day, and also please lift up our solidiers, at home and abroad, who are keeping us safe on a daily basis. Have a great day!

2 random thoughts:

Mom to the 3rd degree said...

I was on my way to school, when I heard that one plane hit the tower, on the radio. I called my dad first thing and said "do you think this was on purpose?" He said oh I doubt it! Then the second hit, and I remeber crying the whole way to school, and being scared out of my mind. We lived on Gunter at the time, and it took me about 2-3 hours to get home (waiting to get on base) it was horrible. I just remembered being scared of what was to come.

Milk Mama said...

Wow! Congrats! Seven years! My hubby and I just celebrated four. God bless!!!!!!!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...