Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Urgent Prayer Request

I just left the hospital visiting some church members, Eddie and Karen Harris. Eddie had a double knee replacement yesterday, and sometime around 4:00 this morning he had a massive stroke. We got word through our church email prayer list and at that time all we knew was that Eddie had a blood clot, and since I work right next door to the hospital I decided to run over there and check on both of them.

Eddie and Karen are the nicest people you could meet, both with hearts of gold. Imagine my shock when I walked in to the hospital room to see 5 men from my church, Karen, and a doctor, all standing around Eddie's bed, with Eddie being completely unresponsive. I made it in time to hear the doctor tell Karen that he doesn't know when or if Eddie will completely recover.

Please lift the Eddie and Karen up in your prayers. Pray for complete and total recovery for Eddie, and that Karen has the strength to cope with the daily struggles that she will encounter in the upcoming weeks and months.

Much love...

4 random thoughts:

Milk Mama said...

I will pray for this family. God is in the business of miracles. Just recently something like this happened in our church. The lady had cancer, so they had to extensive surgery on her. She had a blood clot that killed her four times soon after that. She was in a coma for days and nobody expected her to open her eyes--nobody but people who were praying for her, of course. She lived and was in church just this Sunday. It was a huge miracle. I think she died a total of five times, if I remember right.

McCrory Family said...

Amy, thank you for making us aware of Eddie. He was always so kind and welcoming to us during our time at Glynwood. We will definitely keep him in our prayers.

Unknown said...

Amy, I am totally in shock and awe. I have been praying about this all day long!! God is looking out for them, that's all we know. Keep those prayers acoming!!

Mom to the 3rd degree said...

Oh Man! That is awful! Eddie is such a caring man, and he made Chris and I feel very "at home" at Glynwood. I'll be praying for them. Please let them know that we are thinking about them. Keep me updated if you can, my email is chrisashley04@sbcglobal.net Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...