Wednesday, October 15, 2008

National Day of Remembrance

As many of you know, I avidly follow Angie Smith's blog, Audrey Caroline. She has written a beautiful post about how today, October 15th, is the National Day of Remembrance for pregnancy and infant loss. This includes all babies who have died because of miscarriage, stillbirth, SIDS, or any other infant death.

I have never had a miscarriage, or suffered through the tragedy of losing an infant, but I have no doubt in my mind that had my doctor not stayed on top of watching my pregnancy with Jackson, I would have lost him. You see, the very night I announced at church that I was pregnant, I started bleeding. I called my Mom in a panic, and after calling our doctor's after hours number, I was told I could be in the process of beginning to miscarry. Turns out my progesterone level that was supposed to be doubling every few days was falling fast. My hormones were so messed up with him, that I was in the doctors office at least once a week, if not twice, and to have blood drawn to check my hormone levels. Had my Dr. not been so willing to keep checking me, and prescribe the correct medication, I would have lost my little man. Once I hit 12 weeks, the placenta kicked in, and everything was fine.

Today Angie's blog is set up for anyone who has ever experienced the loss of a miscarriage or infant death to leave a comment, and for those of us reading to pray for their loss. Please drop in today and remember those who have lost precious little lives.

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...