Friday, December 05, 2008

I wish I was a bigger person....Really I do!!!

My sweet friend Jeni left me a comment on my post that 2009 has to be better than 2008 has been. She is an Alabama fan and said:
You crack me up. But come now. Auburn has won the last six games. Let's play fair. It was our turn. :) I will honestly say that if Auburn was undefeated as they were last year and Alabama was having a mediocre season, like they were last year, I'd want Auburn to win to keep they're undefeated streak alive. Do you feel the same? Probably not. :) I believe I'm a true-blue Alabama fan, but I guess some would say I'm not after that last statement about actually finding it okay for Auburn to win. I actually felt really bad for Auburn Saturday and was hoping they'd score a field goal or something so the Auburn fans didn't have to come sit in the rain and fog for nothing. There's always next year~! :)
Jeni, I wish I could be bigger about this than I am. Really, I do!!! And I am so proud that you, unlike me, actually have the ability to wish the other team well. I knew you were a good person, and that just goes to show how nice you are. I had a sneaky suspicion y'all were going to win, and you're right...it was your turn, but that doesn't mean that I liked it :) I was miserable on the ride home from Mississippi listening to the AU vs. UA game on the radio. Miserable. Jeremy keeps telling me that I should be happy that a team from Alabama is in line for a National Championship.

I would be if it were my team.

Jeremy says that even though it is Alabama, I should want them to win. You know what I have to say to that....phhhoooeeyyy. I wish I could say that I was okay with Alabama winning tomorrow, but I just can't. The words will just.not.come.out. I have never pulled for Alabama, and as much as I try to imagine it, I just can't. Well, that's not completely fair to say. The only scenario that I have come up with that I would actually be able to pull for Bama would be if Bama were playing a team that consisted of Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barney Frank, and other liberals democrats. Then, and only then, could I see myself pulling for Bama.

I know I'm being silly about this, and not very gracious about losing, and I'm sorry for that. I really am. I will just have to ask forgiveness later for my lack of graciousness and poor sportsmanship. God should be okay with me....after all, he is an Auburn fan. He made the sun orange and the sky blue!
War Eagle and Go Gators!
P.S. Although I can't pull for Alabama, some of my best friends, including those who I am staying with in Denver next week, are HUGE Alabama fans. I especially don't want to offend anyone to the point that I have no place to sleep next week on my trip. So, please know that this post was all in good fun!

1 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I promise not to tell Jason that you said "Go Gators" in your blog! Is this the one weekend it's okay for Jackson to say that phrase?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...