Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday Jeremy


Today is the 30th Birthday of my wonderful husband, Jeremy.He is such a great guy, and in honor of this milestone day in his life, I wanted to share 30 things that I love about him. Happy Birthday Jeremy!

30 Things I Love About Jeremy!
1. He is an amazing husband.
2. He is a wonderful father to Jackson.
3. He loves his family!
4. And he has a great deal of respect, love, and admiration for our parents and grandparents.
5. He is a born again Christian.
6. He is very active at church despite the fact that he works crazy hours.
7. He sings in the choir and loves it. He has a great voice!
8. He is always encouraging to me.
9. He tries to get me to “play the game” when he is figuring out what movie actors played in.
10. He will play the “baby name game” with me on long car trips, even though he hates doing it, and he’s done it a million times!
11. How he will stop and watch the same movie even.if.he.has.seen.it.a.hundred.times.already.
12. He teaches RA’s even though they drive him crazy some nights.
13. He lets me sleep, watch movies, or read in the car when we are on long drives.
14. And he doesn’t complain that I leave footprints on the windshield!
15. He works long hours at a stressful job to provide for the three of us. He loves his work, but it is very demanding.
16. He is great at what he does. He gets thank you notes from tons of families he works with detailing how much they appreciate him.
17. He always goes above and beyond what is asked of him without complaining.
18. He is always willing to help out with the housework, and actually does a great job of doing it without me even asking.
19. He is the sole vacuumer in our house.
20. He has taught our son to help clean up, and to love the vacuum!
21. He doesn’t complain about my lack of variety in menu planning.
22. He sends me flowers sometimes for absolutely no reason at all.
23. He reads my blog all the time, even though he doesn't always leave a comment.
24. He reads to Jackson the same book over and over just because it’s Jackson’s favorite book.
25. He doesn’t mind watching Monster’s Inc. or Finding Nemo over and over again because it makes Jackson happy.
26. He is a master at doing the whole “arm fart” thing that only boys can do, and Jackson thinks it is hilarious!!
27. He gets down on the floor and wrestles with Jackson.
28. He gets up with Jackson in the middle of the night to check on him because I can sleep through a tornado.
29. He treats me with respect, and loves me unconditionally!
30. He is my best friend, and totally completes me!

Wanna see his birthday present? Jackson and I got him a Medicus golf driver. It's this crazy contraption of a golf club that has a joint in the middle of it that will collapse if you don't swing your golf club correctly. Jeremy was so excited about his new golf club. He has always wanted one, and I was able to really surprise him with it.
Jeremy with his new club
Jackson decided that he would rather keep the club than give it to Daddy!

Happy Birthday Jeremy! We love you and hope you have an amazing day!!!

6 random thoughts:

Jeremy Wade said...

Thanks for everything Amy. You and Jackson are the best a husband and dad could ask for.

Miranda said...

Happy Birthday Jeremy! Here's to celebrating another year of putting up with your wife (I know, right?) who twisted my arm to leave you a birthday comment. Not that she had to twist my arm. You're a nice guy! And then she tried to tell me to buy you denture cream for your birthday, and I told her that would be a snarky thing to do.
Hope you have a great day and I'm so glad I'm no longer the only person in our SS class over 30! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the driver!

Candy Jones said...

Happy Birthday, Jeremy! We miss all of you and kudos to you for vacuming and playing the baby name game. I am impressed!

Kellyn said...

Happy Birthday Jeremy.
Oh, and, Miranda...he is 30, not over 30...but that was snarky, wasn't it! Just kidding...And Amy did twist my arm for that one!

AudreyO said...

I'm having so much fun visiting the blogs from Bloggy Carnival, now that I have time to read and comment. What a sweet post. It's so neat to read a post from someone who is so happy in her relationship.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...