Monday, March 09, 2009

I think he's "getting" it....

We have really been working with Jackson to help him learn how to be a polite child. Jackson is really doing well with "please," "thank you" and "you're welcome", but living in the South, we also are really big on saying, "yes, ma'am," "no, ma'am," "yes, sir," and "no, sir." These are pretty much just non-negotiable phrases here. My Mom and I have been gently giving him reminders, and for the most part, after a prompting of, "Yes..." he will fill it in with "sir" or "ma'am" and he occasionally says it with no reminders at all.

So the other day I asked him to sing me a song and this is what he said....

Jesus loves me! This I know, for the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong; They are weak, but He is strong.

Yes ma'am, Jesus loves me!
Yes ma'am, Jesus loves me!
Yes ma'am, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Yes ma'am, I think he's on to something here....

1 random thoughts:

Rachel said...

That's hilarious!! Too funny. I need to work on ma'am and sir more. . . I've just been focusing on please and thank you for a while.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...