Friday, March 27, 2009

Just when I thought he couldn't get any sweeter....

I had to take Jackson to the doctor yesterday afternoon. He has had a persistent cold/cough for over a week, and while I realize that there is nothing that can be done for a cold, the cough sounded bad. Well, his nose finally dried up, but the cough was still hanging around and then he said the words that make me stop dead in my tracks...

"Mama, my ear hurts."

Being that we are on our third set of tubes with him, those 4 words are enough to make my blood run cold.

So I called the pediatrician and made an appointment for yesterday afternoon. I picked Jackson up and took him in and we finally made it back to the room. I love it that our Dr.'s office has installed this super cool aquarium right inside the hallway to the examinati0n area, full of fish that include 2 clown fish (Nemo and Marlin) a Dori fish, and a big starfish. Jackson convinced the nurse to take him to go see the fish, and when he spotted the starfish he dragged me back into the hall way to go check it out.

This was right before he announced to everyone in ear shot, "I gotta get out of here." and took off into the waiting room running like a crazed little man into a playhouse where he proceeded to laugh his head off at making me look like an idiot chasing him around the waiting room.

I should earn hazard pay for solo trips to the doctor with a 2 year old.

We finally made it back into the room where I was told that there was nothing wrong with my child. He was fine. No ear infection, no strep. Nada. Don't get me wrong...I"m so glad he wasn't sick, but that was a lot of trouble for nothing, not to mention one more co-pay down the drain.

Moving on....

So I loaded him up and decided to drop by Jeremy's work for a few minutes since it was on the way home. Jeremy showed Jackson off to his coworkers and after awhile we loaded back into the car to head home. Jackson told Jeremy bye at least 4 times, and we hadn't more pulled out of the parking lot when Jackson started talking to me.

Jackson: "Thank you Mama."
Me: "For what?"
Jackson: "For taking me to go see my Daddy at work."
Me: "You're welcome!"
Jackson: "It makes me so happy!"

Y'all, that just melted my heart (and Jeremy's). Jackson is such a sweet little stinker!

3 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Amy, I know what I want for Christmas. There could be nothing better than making a book of Jacksonism for Nana. This is what puts the "grand" into being a grandparent, and, of course, having the best GRANDson around. But you already know that I'm not prejudice.

Candy Jones said...

So very sweet. I have tears in my eyes. which like I have said before that is not hard to do since I've been preggo. But still so sweet. Shows what great parents Jackson has.

Rachel said...

Too cute!

Don't you wish that they would make a "placebo for parents" shot to give kids when there's "nothing that they can do"?

Or how about a sugary liquid that they could swallow, then the doctor could tell Mommy, "That should do it! He'll be better in no time!"

Oh that would be great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...