Monday, May 18, 2009

I Will Survive

I'm back at work today after a week from you know where. The week is still in full force. I literally was ready to die over the weekend. It was misery. It still is. The hardest part is that I'm hungry and thirsty, but it hurts so bad to eat and drink, that I just can't to do it. The result of that is that I've lost 12 lbs in 6 days. I wanted to lose weight, but this was NOT what I had in mind. I told Jeremy yesterday that I would rather he just take me to the hospital for IV hydration, than try to drink anything. And y'all, the ear and jaw pain is excruciating. It feels like a major ear infection and lock jaw combined. The doctor is calling in some steroids for me to calm the inflammation, and I go back for a checkup tomorrow afternoon.

I was told before surgery that having your tonsils removed as an adult was harder than if you had them removed as a child.

Understatement of the century.

Meanwhile, I'm just trying my best to keep quiet and keep telling myself, "I will survive."

And I just found out that the New Kids concert I was so excited about has been cancelled. It's just the icing on the cake...

4 random thoughts:

Miranda said...

Hey friend!
I have heard from Jeremy, Kellyn, and your dad how much pain you've been in so I opted not to call you at home because if it hurts to talk = talking on the phone would suck.

I am sorry about the NK concert, that royally bites when it happens. Did they say why or if you guys would get a full refund?

Hope you feel better soon. Maybe Jackson will take care of you!

Jenny said...

I can't imagine what you're going through, but I hope you feel better soon! That stinks that you have to go to work feeling crummy!

I'm praying for your speedy recovery.

Jenny

Candy Jones said...

What a Monday! I cannot believe you are already at work. I have still been praying. The prayers will start to work soon hopefully..

Candy Jones said...

i have just recently heard about gripe water. where do i buy it????

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...