Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Last Day of School

And Jackson is going to be heartbroken tomorrow morning when he realizes that he won't get to watch the school bus drive down our street for the next 2 months. That's a lifetime to a preschooler!

Last night we made cookies for the bus driver. It's crazy that I can't even remember her name, and yet she's been such a huge part of Jackson's daily routine for the last year. Jackson has adored watching her drive down our street.

So this morning Jackson was so excited about giving her the cookies he made. We got ready, walked down the driveway, and waited for her to come by. We flagged her down as she got close to our house and Jackson started heading toward the bus like such a big boy. I helped him climb the first step, and that's when he did exactly what he did at Christmas with her: he put on the brakes! Jackson turned around to me and said, "I don't like this very much!" He could feel the bus shaking under his feet and decided that it scared him. Jeremy and I both hope that when he actually rides the bus one day that he won't pull this stunt!

Anyways, as I held Jackson the driver told him how much she has loved him waving to her every morning, and that she was going to miss seeing him this summer. Then she did the sweetest thing ever: she gave Jackson a present! She had gotten him a little school bus picture frame!

It's gonna be a long summer without seeing the school bus drive by, but at least we'll have a little reminder of this sweet age of his life when as a young boy he was obsessed with school buses, airplanes, tractors, and big trucks. Then, one day I'll be able to tell Jackson's first real girlfriend all about when Jackson was little and he just "had" to go wave to the school bus driver every morning!

6 random thoughts:

Nana said...

OMG!! Jackson just melts me!!

Kellyn said...

Did Mom really just write "OMG"? When did she learn that?

Wade's World said...

LOL! Too funny! I thought the exact same thing when I read that. I guess she's been hanging around me too much! :)

Jeremy Wade said...

He sure is going to miss the school bus coming by every morning. Wouldn't it be great if she was his bus driver when he gets old enough to actually ride the bus?

Candy Jones said...

It is kind of funny to me that your family all has a conversation on your blog! : )OMG!! Didn't you girls know you have a very cool mom? Anyway, I think that was super nice of the bus lady to think of Jackson. Just shows what a charmer he already is!

Gabrielle said...

Thats a small thing we all take for granted. My kids are homeschooled and have always longed for the ride on a school bus. So we do other things to compensate. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...