Thursday, May 07, 2009

A Real Toad Strangler

Y'all, it has rained, and rained, and rained in the Wade's World region of the South. Jeremy heard on the radio that our small little city was having lots of flooding going on, so I gave my friend Brittany (who lives across the street from us) a call to check on things.

The phone weren't working at all.

In my slighty over dramatic mind I took the fact that the phones weren't working to mean that our street was flooded out and Brittany and Layton were having to swim to safety. And then I started worrying about Macy because she's locked in our house, and how in the world was I going to be able to get to her to save her and all of Jackson's pictures and our wedding album in our house....

Dramatic much?

In reality, only the power was out.

Our neighborhood is fine, but there is a lot of water in the streets right now. Brittany was kind enough to send me some shots. Jeremy just called to let me know that the area in front of his work has LOTS of standing water around it, and one of the roads has water deep enough to be at hood level on cars, and my friend Miranda has some flooding at her house. Let's all hope this rain clears out soon, and doesn't cause too much damage. Please say a prayer for those who are being affected by the floods right now.

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...