Saturday, July 04, 2009

30 Day Shred (otherwise known as, "Torture for Dummies")

I tried on a swimsuit at Target on Thursday night. As soon as I got myself out of the Lycra body image destruction device, I walked down to the fitness section, threw Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD into the buggy and dared Jeremy to ask me any questions.

We got home and I began to Shred. About 25 seconds into the video, I was questioning why I had decided to do this.

About 3 minutes into the video I was dying.

Jeremy thought I was kidding until I made him do the video later.

Then he quit joking on me.

And neither of us is laughing anymore.

How can 20 minutes be so torturous?

I'm so sore right now that I skipped doing the exercise last night because I couldn't move.

In fact, I'm having to hunt and peck right now as opposed to typing because my arms aren't working.

I've found muscles that I didn't know existed.

And I'm 2 days out from doing the video and I still can't walk.

So Jillian's 30 Day shred may turn into Amy's 60 day shred.

And I would laugh at my misery, but it hurts too bad.

3 random thoughts:

Esther said...

Why? Why would you do this to yourself? Eeek!

Samantha said...

I too, took on this challenge.

It works, it just takes time. And just you wait, it gets better - until you move onto the next level, then it starts all over.

But word to the wise.

If you take too much time off, the next time will only hurt worse.

I learned the hard way.

Just think that suffering for 20 minutes is a mere sacrifice to running or walking in this humidity/sticky heat or sweating it out for hours in the gym!

Derek said...

I keep hearing more and more about this. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to break down and get it for us. We need help.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...