Wednesday, September 09, 2009

In a Decade or So...

Jeremy and I have a relatively extensive DVD collection that includes a lot of movies that are way too scary or intense for Jackson to watch. I'm a stickler for only letting him see things that won't scare the daylights out of him, no matter how much he wants to see a movie that he finds in our collection.

For some reason Jackson is obsessed with Spider Man and he must be hearing about it from someone at his school. He even knows how Spider Man throws his webs. It's beyond me how he knows this stuff exists, because it sure isn't because of us.

Anyways, Jackson will wonder into our office occasionally and pull out a movie. He will usually bring it to me and just to appease him, I flip it over to the back and look at the rating. 99% of the time it's PG 13 and I tell him that he can't watch it until he's bigger.

Yesterday Jackson went into the office and came out with our copy of Spider Man. He handed me the movie and said that he wanted to watch Spider Man because, "It's not too scary for me." I turned it over and spotted the PG 13 rating and gave him the usual spiel about it being too scary for him. Jackson grabbed the movie back, flipped it over, and very adamantly said, "Uh-huh. I can watch this movie. It says right here (pointing to the movie), 'This movie is good for Jackson.'"

Nice try little man....

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...