Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ask Amy Anything Answers

Last Thursday I opened my blog up to another Ask Amy Anything segment and I had some great questions!

My wonderful sister-in-law Amy, who we will have the pleasure of visiting her new house in Starkville this weekend, asked “What do you want for Christmas? Help a sister out.... :)”

Amy, it’s funny you asked this question. Esther, over at The Mommy Diaries sent me an email the other day with a photo of a shirt in it that was right up my alley. I love it! She knows me so well, and we've never even met! And since it seems that I’m on my political bandwagon lately, I got to browsing around and also found this and this, but I wouldn't actually put the bumper sticker on my car because I don't believe it would go over very well in the part of town that I work in. And here is my favorite of all four. Gotta.Love.It.

My friend Miranda from Nelson: Party of Four asked about a million questions. She's pushy like that. I'm gonna take them one by one.

"When are you going to have another baby? Jackson's not getting any younger...."
Obviously Miranda was one of the well-meaning friends that I mentioned in my last post about having another baby. All I'm going to say is that yes, we do want another baby. And yes, we are thinking about it. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

"Do you want a boy or girl? And don't say "I don't care as long as it's healthy" because that is the stale, generic answer that me and everybody else uses."
Since I'm forbidden from giving a stale, generic answer, I'll answer honestly and say that if I could pick, I would definitely LOVE to have another boy. It's funny that when I found out I was having a boy I was terrified because I didn't know anything about boys. Now, I would give anything to have another one.

All that being said, if God decided to bless us with a little girl, I would be thrilled also.

So the whole answer is that I would love another boy, but I would be just as happy with a little girl.

"What will you name it?"
I'm kinda funny about releasing favorite baby names for fear that someone will steal it and then I can't use the name anymore. I will say that my sister has announced that her little boy is going to be named Luke Thomas Gibson, which I LOVE, so any baby we have will not be named Luke!

Jackson has decided however, that he is going to call the baby Spidermonkey.

"Will you let Jackson help pick out a name?"
Maybe. But I draw the line at naming a child Spidermonkey, Allison, or Spiderman.

Seriously though, I decided as a child that I wanted my baby sister to be named Kellyn, after the aerobics instructor on Mousercise, and my parents went along with it. I would probably take any suggestions that Jackson may have into consideration.

"If it's a girl, what will you do with all of Jackson's old clothes you are stock piling?"
Keep them just to bug you. Kidding!!! I do have every single piece of clothing Jackson has ever received because I can't fathom getting rid of any of it in case we have another boy. And I'm a hoarder. And I do have a nephew on the way!

Lyndsey asked, "Do you like your job? Where is your favorite place to go with Jeremy on date night?"
Yes, I do like my job. I am blessed to work in a Christian environment and we are more like an extended family than coworkers. We can openly send prayer requests and with the way our country is moving, I know I am fortunate in that.

I still do want to write a book. I have begun working on a children's book. And by working I mean that I have a title page done. If I ever get it finished and published, every reader has to promise to buy 5 copies!

And my favorite things to do on a date night is probably dinner and a movie, preferably dinner at a Japanese hibachi place. I know we'll see New Moon when it comes out. I'm already looking forward to that.

Candy over at Keeping Up With The Jones' asked, "What are some of your favorite baby names?"
Once again, I won't release the top first name contenders because I would really hate to have to give the hairy eyeball to some baby name stealer out there, but I do know that if it's a girl the middle name will definitely be Elizabeth. And I know it will totally bug y'all, but our favorite girl names begin with a "C" and a "C" and an "M" and our favorite boy names begin with an "L" a "C" a "G" and (ssshhhh) even another "J".

That's all for today. I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

4 random thoughts:

Mom said...

Well, I don't see my initial in the possible baby name list.

Wade's World said...

What do you mean you don't see your initial? Perhaps the "M" stands for Mom!!

Marie said...

Thanks for letting me get to know you a bit better. :)

Esther said...

I want the shirt that says, "I love being right." Awesome! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...