Monday, December 14, 2009

What I Learned This Weekend

  • That not waiting until the last minute to do your Christmas shopping really is a lot less stressful than waiting until December 22nd to do all your shopping like I usually do. I only have about 5 more people to shop for right now. For me this is major progress folks! Even better, I'm all caught up on wrapping gifts!

  • When your child wakes you up at 5:30 on a rainy Saturday morning and asks you to pretend to be Sleeping Beauty so he can kill some dragons with his sword, it's really easy to play the part pretty convincingly.

  • When you go to a restaurant and your child tells "I'm not hungry at all and I don't want anything to eat" you better go ahead and order. Don't get mad at said "not all all hungry" child when he complains that he wanted a burger instead of the chicken fingers that he got. It's always okay to tell a child that they were out of hamburgers when you mistakenly order the wrong food, because, helloooo, he wasn't hungry anyway!!

  • I got to see my future nephew Luke in 4D this morning and I learned that he is just precious (which wasn't really a surprise) with big chubby cheeks and an adorable nose, and that he is just as stubborn as my brother-in-law Jason!

  • And I learned that according to the rollback price sale signs at Walmart, that the game monopoly has been changed to mono poly. I thought you should know. Have a great day!

And that's all I learned this weekend. Have a great Monday!!

5 random thoughts:

Kay said...

I think next year I'm going to try to by done with my shopping before Thanksgiving. Yeah right. lol

Rachel said...

So can you catch Mono from the game?

And I guess I shouldn't tell you that Ali let us sleep till 10am Saturday, huh? ;)

Kellyn said...

Luke is adorable, I must say!

Ethan, Zach, and Emma's Mom said...

I like the idea of playing Sleeping Beauty. Can I play too?

Marie said...

Sounds like a good week. Do you think you could arrange for Jackson to tell Jack about that whole sleeping beauty thing?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget