Thursday, March 04, 2010

As Seen In Town

One of the roads that I take to get to my office is very congested with tons of traffic and very slow stoplights. About a week ago I was stopped at a red light watching gray hairs grow in when I looked out my drivers side window and spotted a sign outside a business that left me shaking my head as I drove off. I mentioned the sign to my friend Jamie a few days later and she just had to see it for herself. Cameras in hand, we headed toward the American Tire Lube to get a shot of the sign. Luckily for us, no one had noticed the error and taken the sign down and we were able to get a good shot.

The most ironic part: this business is located smack dab in the middle of two universities in the area! I would call them to tell them their sign is misspelled, but I'm guessing they don't have enough "D's" left to change it to "Student" ID.

I can't help but wonder how many collage discounts they have given out so far!

2 random thoughts:

Esther said...

Sounds like they need to go back to Collage. ;-)

Pam said...

I've just about decided proper spelling has just gone out the window anyway... I look at Facebook and even some blogs, and just about die a thousand deaths over the abuse of the language... lose and loose are NOT, I repeat NOT the same thing! LOL Maybe a collage of properly spelled words would help!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...