Monday, March 15, 2010

Here I Go Again

So apparently it's time for me to jump on my health care reform soapbox again because apparently some people in Washington aren't reading my blog.

How dare they?

So I'm climbing back up on my political soapbox again.

You see, I thought after the conservative victories in New Jersey, Virginia and most recently, Massachusetts, that the Democrats would wise up and see that Americans are standing up and speaking out against what they are doing to our country.

Well, apparently our Representatives haven't learned anything.

So here's what I'm thinking:

If you told me that a choice that I was about to make would detrimentally effect 85% of Americans in order to help 15% of Americans, I would think twice about what I was doing.

If I was being asked to vote for something that the majority of Americans strongly oppose, I would think twice about what I was doing.

If my "boss" asked me to do something that would cause me to more than likely lose my job in 8 months, and effectively end my career, I would think twice about what I was doing.

If I was about to vote on something to give control of an entire industry to an agency that hasn't been able to successfully run Medicare or Social Security, I would think twice about what I was doing.

If I was about to add $1 trillion dollars to the national debt, which is currently
and counting, I would think twice about what I was doing.

If I had the audacity to say that I was going to vote against the will of my constituents because, "I know what's good for them" I would think twice about what I was doing.

If I was about to vote to pass a bill that doesn't even technically exist right now, just so I could find out what was in the bill (per instructions from Nancy Pelosi), then I would think twice about what I was doing.

I know that my Representatives are voting no for this bill, and for that, they will more than likely be getting a vote from me in November. If you don't know how your Representative is voting then I urge you to contact them immediately. This is much too important to just let fly by us, and although I've heard people say that if it passes then it could just be repealed later, I know it won't be easy to do that and could take many years. We just need to be a thorn in the side of those that are bowing to the pressure of the President to do his dirty work.

And if your Representatives are voting yes for this bill, and you are opposed to it, or maybe you are just sick of your career politicians, how about checking out Vox Box.com where for $19.95 you can send moving boxes to any elected member of Congress (with a personalized note) to help them prepare for their move home come November!

Because we conservatives want to be helpful and considerate, especially when it comes to change we can count on!

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...