Tuesday, May 11, 2010

He's How Old?

Jackson seems to be on this kick where he thinks he's much bigger than he really is. This has got to be what it feels like to raise a teenager, minus the hormones and drivers license. Not only does Jackson try to convince us on a daily basis that he's actually 5 years old already, he does it with this indignant head nodding and this whiney, "Uh-huh....I really am 5 already" catchphrase.

I know you know what I'm talking about.

Other things we've heard around our house lately:

"I'm not going to call you Mom anymore. I'm going to call you Amy."

and...

"You are not my friend anymore because you won't let me have some more candy and I want some candy so we aren't friends anymore."

and..

"But I told you that I would clean up my room IN A MINUTE!" (that one earned him a spanking)

and..

"But Mommy, you are a better hair-washer than Daddy. Daddy just pours the water all in my face and I don't like it one little bit!"

and finally...

"How many times are you going to ask me that? I already told you yesterday that I had a good day at school. You don't have to ask me that everyday!"

I can only imagine what he'll be like when he's actually a teenager. I better hold on!

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...