Monday, May 10, 2010

In The Past Few Days...

I've been busy over the past few days. In addition to being on my own with the new job (which I'm loving!), I have had so much going on. Here's a little recap. Oh, and please excuse the randomness. Consider yourself warned!
  • Once a year I plan a Rock-A-Thon with my 5th and 6th grade girls. It was Friday night from 6:30 in the evening until 8:00 the next morning. Basically we rock around the clock to raise money for missions. The girls have a blast spending the night at the church and we have fun rocking, but the girls really love the games of hide and seek that we play in the church in the dark. We have so much fun! Well, I showed up at church to get ready for the big night when I stopped in at the spot where a yard sale was being held Saturday morning. Jackson and I browsed for a few minutes and when I went back to the car to go move my stuff into the church I realized that I had locked my keys in the car. I had mistakenly put the church keys in my pocket and left the car keys sitting on the front seat of the car. Luckily we have two guys from my church that work with the Police Department and after a couple of calls we had our friend T.R. at the church with a patrol car and a slim jim trying to get into my car. I guess I should feel slightly more secure that it took 2 officers 30 minutes to get into my car. Maybe that would deter any criminals, not that they wouldn't have just broken the window out in the first place.

  • Saturday I had a kid walk up to me in the play area of Chick-Fil-A and growl at me. Is that weird or what?

  • I spotted this in a lobby the other day:
    I haven't seen one in ages, and frankly, I didn't know they existed anymore. It made me feel very old.

  • I watched a girl floss her teeth in a DHR lobby the other day. It completely grossed me out! I'm all about dental hygiene, but come on; Take it to the bathroom!

  • My sister has a very unique sneeze. For someone her size, the sound of her sneeze is very disproportionate to her petite frame. She sneezes loud. She got it from my Granny Betsy who also had a very recognizable sneeze and also happened to be very petite. Well, we were in Books-A-Million after my amazing Mother's Day nap and I heard "the" sneeze. I immediately went looking for Kellyn laughing to myself that I had found Kellyn in public based solely on her sneeze. Well, when I followed the sound I was shocked to turn the corner and find someone that was not Kellyn. You remember the episode of Friends where Joey found his hand twin? Well, I found my sister's sneeze twin. What are the chances?

  • And Jackson has strep throat again. This makes 3 times in the last two months. I have a feeling that a tonsillectomy is in his future, probably before he starts kindergarten. Keep the little guy in your prayers.

That's it for today. Have a great Monday!

3 random thoughts:

Pam said...

I see a lot of 'holes' where a wall phone once was mounted, but I haven't seen a real public phone in ages. Documented for the future so you can show your boy some day how it used to be in the olden days. lol

I'm sorry the little dude has strep again. That's a bummer. Poor boy. I hope he feels better soon.

Your posts make me tired. You're a busy girl, but it sounds like you're having a great time..except for getting growled at. Very odd indeed!

Brandi said...

I just laughed so hard, thinking about our sweet little Granny Betsy and her HUGE sneezes. The best would be when she would do it in public and people would look around to see where it came from...only you could barely see her because she was so short.

I miss her! :)

Kellyn said...

my sneeze twin, really? I had no idea those existed!! i feel so special now!! I miss granny betsy and her sneezed too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...