Monday, May 17, 2010

My Life Is Nothing But Randomness

So we had a great weekend. We had beautiful weather. Jeremy was off from work. Jackson was mostly cooperative. All-in-all, it couldn't have been better. Here's a little recap:

  • Friday night we went out to Cici's Pizza Buffet for supper. While we were there I happened to notice three high school couples walking in the door. You might ask "Why did I notice them?" Well, it could have something to do with how they were dressed:

Yeah, it was prom night and these couples were enjoying a pizza buffet before going to the dance. When I saw them I told Jeremy that I just had to get their picture. He was mortified! He kept telling me, "You cannot go over there and embarrass us like that!" My response, "Jeremy, they came to Cici's pizza dressed for prom. They want the attention. It's like they are begging me to be a blog post."

I won. Jeremy hightailed it to the car and I went over to the couples and asked for their permission to take their picture. They thought it was hilarious and my only comment was to tell the guys that they had found the three lowest maintenance women on the planet! After taking the picture I went back to the car and promptly told Jackson that he was never allowed to take a girl to Cici's for prom.

  • Jeremy and I got a new laptop Friday night. It's a Gateway and we are LOVING it. It's hard to spend that much money, but I think we made a good choice.

  • Jackson had his Flip Factory meet on Saturday. He did fair. He was all excited about participating until it was actually time to go onto the floor. He did the first round of tricks and then by the time the second rotation took place he was crying. I ended up going out onto the floor and sat behind him. I wouldn't let him sit in my lap because I knew that he would never leave my side, but he did show us the second round of tricks, even though he was crying the whole time. It's really hard finding a balance with his shy nature and knowing that he's going to have to come out of his shell eventually. For now, I'm just not letting him play the "shy" card. It's tough to push him out of his comfort zone, but I know if we always give in that he will never participate in anything.

  • My nephew Luke was dedicated Sunday in church. He is already 2 1/2 months old, and he looks so much like Jackson that it's not even funny. I'll post pictures soon. He's such a handsome little fellow, and he did great during the dedication.

  • And Jackson's having some serious growing pains. If you have any advice or suggestions on how to relieve I would greatly appreciate it.

  • And I want to wish my sweet friend Allison a Happy Birthday today. She's living in Italy with her family and I can't wait until I can see her again. Happy Birthday Allison!!

I'll try to post pictures of everything tonight. Have a great day!

2 random thoughts:

Esther said...

We don't have any Cici's around here. Are they good? I've always wondered. Kudos to you on taking a picture--I'd have done the same thing! :-)

Pam said...

I always did leg rubs for growing pains. Seemed to help, even if it just made her feel loved. : ) Advil is good too.

The pix of the prom kids is too cute! I feel the same way sometimes after going somewhere 'fancy'. I just want to eat some REAL food. : ) But I agree with you on taking their picture.. hello, you're in CiCi's.

Yay for the new computer. Glad you got that all squared away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...