Wednesday, May 05, 2010

New Kids, Middle Agedness and Snakes (How Random Can I Get?)

Now that I've been spending more time on the road I've learned some new things about myself. It's amazing the amount of thinking you can do when you are in the car alone. Here's what I've learned so far:

1. I'm a great singer! I've been jamming to New Kids On The Block's Greatest Hits CD, and y'all, let me just tell you that Joey McIntyre's pre-pubescent falsetto has got nothing on me! I've hit notes that would make Mariah Carey jealous!

2. I also realized that my love for the New Kids will never die despite the fact that they are now middle aged.

3. Realizing that the New Kids are now middle aged means that I'm also quickly approaching middle aged. Next thing you know I'll be referring to 80's music as oldies.

4. Seeing a huge black snake slither across the road will give me the creeps for the rest of the way home.

5. Seeing 3 more snakes sunning beside the road will only add to my snake distress.

6. Seeing 4 snakes total in less than an hour would make me wish that I had hit the first one with my car just to reduce the snake population by one. Don't tell PETA.

7. After thinking about snakes far longer than one would like, I realized that, try as I might, I can't figure out what God's purpose was in creating snakes, scorpions, ticks, fleas, ants, snails, mosquitoes and gnats.

The End.

4 random thoughts:

Miranda said...

God created all those things so when Amy Wade ran out of things to blog about, she could always blog about bugs.

Hey, at least I left a comment, even a snarky one at that :)

I love you!!! :P

Pam said...

I haven't seen any snakes yet this season, but a good friend found one in their pool the other day. I have seen those big ole ugly lizards though. : p

Lianne said...

I'll be loving you (NKOTB) forever. The end

#4-7--Yes. Please work on your aim. Icky.

Rachel said...

Snakes are fascinating creatures! Much more fascinating than New Kids.

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...