Friday, May 28, 2010

Weekly Confessions

It's been awhile since I've confessed anything to y'all. Now is as good a time as any!
  • You know how major news networks abbreviate words in their breaking news headlines? Well, I was watching Fox and Friends the other morning and the headline read, "OBAMA PLANS FLAWED." I was baffled, and for the life of me couldn't figure out why President Obama was planning a Florida wedding. I must have stared at the screen for a full minute not understanding what was going on when it finally clicked with me; Obama's plans are flawed, not Obama plans Florida wedding (as in OBAMA PLANS FLA WED). I felt like an idiot!

  • I watched two horses get painted with finger paints by some of our students as part of equine therapy. It completed reminded me of the horse that changes colors from the Wizard of Oz. I'm pretty sure that the kids had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned it to them. Then I felt stupid for bringing it up.

  • Vacation Bible School begins in a week and a half, and I'm still not sure how I'm decorating. This fact makes me very stressed! That being said, I've already had a request for someone to take my decorations when we're through! I think I've narrowed down my ideas, but I've GOT to get busy!

  • Through the magic of Netflix I've introduced Jackson to the wonderful world of Gummie Bears. It was love at first bounce! I even managed to get him to drink some water nstead of juice because I told him it was gummi beary juice! Sometimes I'm so clever that I amaze even myself!
  • I made cinnamon rolls the other morning and Jackson talked me into letting him lick the icing. I proved my love for my child when I willingly gave my child the tub of icing.


    And I may have even let him lick it off the smooth edge of butter knife.

I should win "Mother of the Year" award for that; giving up that icing was hard to do!

Anything you need to confess?

3 random thoughts:

Kellyn said...

That was why I always loved when Dad made cinnamon rolls. He always made sure to leave extra left over after icing them, then we alternated who got to lick the *smooth side of the knife and who got the icing container! MMM...makes me hungry for cinnamon rolls even now!

MommieDaze said...

That's too funny! I think I would have read that FLAWED the same way.

Pam said...

You're a good mom. I tend to tell the girl to go wash her hands and then lick it myself. *insert evil laugh here*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...