Monday, August 16, 2010

We're Now The Proud Owners of a 4 Year Old!!

Our little man is growing up! We had such a great birthday weekend with him! This is how Jackson woke up Saturday morning on his birthday:

That's 36 balloons for the birthday boy! Jackson came sneaking into our bedroom Saturday morning and said, "Mommy, you have got to come see what's in my room!" I went in there with him, acting shocked and surprised the whole time, and then Jackson said, "Mommy, I have no idea who made this mess, but I love it!" Jackson thinks Santa Claus brought him all the balloons, and I didn't even try to correct him. The balloons really made for a fun way to start the day, and it's something I'll probably do for many years to come.

We had Jackson's birthday party at the YMCA Saturday afternoon, and Jackson had 40 people there to celebrate his big day! We had such a good time enjoying Jackson's special day, and to be surrounded by such wonderful friends and family really just made it the perfect day.

I'll post pictures soon, but for now I'm going to call it a day and keep spending time with our special little man. Have a great day!

3 random thoughts:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday, Jackson!! I absolutely LOOOOVE the balloon idea - I might have to steal that one from you in January...that is, if I can even think clearly enough to remember it in January with a 2 week old. Remind me to steal your idea, okay??

Pam said...

That is so cute! I love it. My kids loooved balloons when they were little! We would just blow one up and let them play and play and play. And it was great exercise too!

Happy birthday, sweet boy! : )

Pam said...

That is so cute! I love it. My kids loooved balloons when they were little! We would just blow one up and let them play and play and play. And it was great exercise too!

Happy birthday, sweet boy! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...