Monday, September 20, 2010

Who Knew Parenting Would Test Your Math Skills…

Jackson has been obsessed with numbers lately. It started innocently enough a few weeks ago and hasn’t slowed down at all! This wouldn’t be a big deal if I were any good at math, but his questions have kept me on my toes lately.

Jackson: “How old are you and Daddy?”

Me: “Daddy is 31, and I’m almost 30.”

Jackson: “How old is our house and Macy and Spiderman?”

Me: “7 years, 8 years and I have no clue!”

Jackson: Well……how much longer until I get 30?”

Me: “26 years.”

Jackson” “How much longer until I get 26?”

Me: “22 years.”

Jackson: “How much longer until I get 22?”

Me: “18 years.”

You see where this is going, right?

Jackson: “How much longer until I get 18?”

Me: “14 years.”

Jackson: “Well….how much longer until I get 14?”

Me: “10 more years.”

Jackson: “How much longer until I get 10?”

Me: “6 more years.”

Jackson: “How much longer until I get 6?”

Me: “2 more years.”

Jackson: “How much longer until I get 2?”

Me: “Jackson, you were already 2, now you are 4!”

Jackson: "Oh yeah! I forgot! Well, Mama, how old are the rocks and the trees and spider monkeys and our mailbox and my tennis shoes and Daddy’s car and the grass?”

Me: “Are you kidding?”

Jackson: “No. And how old did you say Daddy was again?”

Me: “I give up.”

It’s like the song that never ends, but with numbers. Who knew motherhood required subtraction skills?

2 random thoughts:

Kay said...

I think I would have been saying "a long time" pretty fast. Our favorite saying saying around here is "I was told there would be no math"...cuz my girl and I hate it. It really helps that the hubs has a minor in it for homework and all that stuff.

Rachel said...

That sounds like a conversation we could have any day of the week, for sure. Parenting MOST DEFINITELY tests your math skills!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget