Thursday, October 28, 2010

7 Weeks!

Here’s a little recap of how things are going so far. We’ve actually known that we were pregnant for about 3 weeks, but shockingly enough I was able to keep my mouth shut on my blog and Facebook! I didn’t do anything like this with Jackson since I didn’t blog then, but I’m hoping I can remember most of the details from that pregnancy. Considering I’m only 7 weeks with this baby, I’ve got a long way to go!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along:
7 weeks
Size of baby: 1/2 inch. The baby is the size of a blueberry.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: No change.
Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but I pulled my container of clothes out and to see what I had, but so far I’m still in my regular clothes, thank goodness!  
Gender: No clue!                                                                           Movement: Not yet.                                                                Sleep: Very crazy dreams that don’t make any sense. Last night I dreamed that I was trying to catch a skunk. Go figure! I’m also exhausted all the time, but especially around 1:00 in the afternoon and 5:00 in the evening. I could crash!                                                                                                  Symptoms: Some nausea with dry heaving, but no official throwing up yet.  
Cravings: Salty foods like chips and French fries.                 Best Moment this week: Finding out that I was not having an ectopic pregnancy (tubal pregnancy) like the ER doctors first thought when I went in with intense stomach pain Monday a week ago. That was one of the scariest things that I have ever been through, especially hearing that they were preparing to rush me into emergency surgery depending on the results of the ultrasound. I never thought that I would be happy to find out that I had a kidney stone/infection, but considering my other option, I was so relieved. During the ultrasound at the hospital we were able to confirm that the baby is right where it is supposed to be with a strong heartbeat! The second hospital admission of the week was Friday night, again with kidney issues, and I was released on Monday, just in time to make it to my scheduled OB appointment and second ultrasound. Although this week has been so tiring, we are just blessed that everything is looking great so far with the baby!                                                                                           What I am looking forward to: Finding out what we’re having and resolving these kidney issues!

1 random thoughts:

Rachel said...

Exciting!! And that DOES sound scary! Yikes! I'm glad that everything is okay now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...