Monday, January 17, 2011

A Little Of This....

Jeremy had to work this weekend, so it was just me and the little man. We had a great time together, even if he did drive me bonkers at times! Saturday morning I took him to Krispy Kreme where I prayed that the "Hot Now" sign would be lit, and to my delight it was! Jackson loved watching the donuts get made, and I loved having a donut still so warm that it melted in my mouth! After our trip, I convinced Jackson to go check out baby stuff with me at Baby Depot and Toys R Us. He was fair at Baby Depot, but I definitely pushed my luck with Toys R Us.

I'm mostly looking at baby bedding and cribs right now, and let me tell you, it's tough. We have to get a new crib because the one we used with Jackson was a drop side crib, and those have all been recalled. So now I'm faced with finding a new crib, and bedding which is just about to overwhelm me. I've found a few that I like but I'm not quite ready to make my final decision.

Speaking of decisions, we are thisclose to announcing baby Wade's name. I'm not giving any hints yet, other than to say that it starts with an "A" which shouldn't come as a surprise considering that I asked for suggestions that started with "A" a few weeks back!

Also speaking of decisions, Jeremy has gotten a promotion at work! He is now the manager of one of the four funeral homes owned in this area by his corporation, and will start his new position a week from today. It was a hard decision to make for him, mostly just because neither of us are particularly good at stepping out of our comfort zones, but I know it was the right decision to make. I'm so proud of him!

Please continue to remember Jeremy's Papaw in your prayers. He is still in the hospital, and while he is doing better, he still has a long road ahead of him.

That's it for today. I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow!

1 random thoughts:

Pam said...

I remember looking for bedding too. Talk about overwhelming. I would die if I had to use a bed that didn't drop on the side. I'm short and I honestly don't know if I could get the mattress out to change the sheets. Yikes. I ended up making all my crib sheets. I never liked how store boughts fit. So I had some cute ones.

Congrats on the promotion. Will he be able to work with families?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...