Wednesday, June 08, 2011

A Little Update On Our New Little Man

So Anderson is now a day old and he is doing amazing! Other than him cutting lose when he was born, he hasn't cried a single time. I'm super happy about that (obviously), but I'm also kinda afraid he's just saving up for when we go home tomorrow. I guess we'll see. Anderson has been very relaxed and calm. He's super happy being passed around, and I think he'll definitely be a laid back baby. We are nursing and that's going okay. I'm going to have the lactation nurse come back in today to work with me on latching, but so far it's been going pretty well. Anderson got circumcised a little while ago, and they will bring him back to us around 9 this morning.

Jackson is doing good. He's interested in looking at his new brother, but still hasn't wanted to hold Anderson, so for now we aren't pushing the issue. He'll come around on his own time. During the delivery Jeremy's family and my family were in the delivery room, but on the other side of the curtain (away from the action). My Mom told me that once Anderson was born and they heard him crying Jackson got the biggest smile on his face. It wasn't 10 seconds after Anderson was born that I heard Jackson pipe up and say, "Can I open my big brother presents now?" LOL! So to answer the question about the baseball bat in the background of the pics, that was one of Jackson's presents from Jeremy and I, not something to use during labor if Jeremy got on my nerves!

I'm doing really good after delivery, I'm just super tired. More tired than I remember being with Jackson. We've had lots of visitors but I'm just reminding myself that people aren't really coming by to see me, but to see the baby. So if I doze off I'm just cutting myself some slack! It's almost time for breakfast and then I'm going to jump in the shower. I'll try to get some more pictures up today so I can show off my new little guy some more! Y'all take care!

2 random thoughts:

Pam said...

My girl wasn't a big crier. She'd squeak a little bit and that was about it. I loved it! She was the easiest baby ever..hoping Anderson is the same for you. I know he is already such a joy to you and your whole family. I know you're looking forward to being home soon as a family of FOUR. Take care and rest while you can. : )

Esther said...

So glad you're doing so well. :-) Can't wait to see more pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...