Thursday, June 09, 2011

Wade, Party of Four

We walked in our front door today for the first time as a family of four, and y'all, it felt great! We are doing wonderful! Anderson is weighing in at 7 lbs, 13 oz. and his bilirubin levels are really good. We take him back to the doctor tomorrow for another bilirubin level check, but I'm pretty sure that his levels will stay fine. Anderson is nursing like a champ, latching on with complete ease which is something that never really happened with Jackson. I worked lots with the lactation nurse at the hospital and hopefully we'll get started on the right path with breastfeeding.

I'm feeling really good, and I think part of that is that I am so much more relaxed about bringing a baby home. I have no doubt that we will have our moments, but I'm not nearly as terrified as I was the day we brought Jackson home from the hospital.

Jackson has done really good today, although this morning he was completely fascinated that Anderson drank milk "like a cow does". At least now everything is out in the open, no pun intended.

I'll keep everyone updated on how things are going and we truly appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Love y'all!

2 random thoughts:

Pam said...

OH my gosh...like a cow does. Nice. LOL You'll have to write that one in his baby book. It's a keeper. I'm glad you're home and not stressed. That second one is like that. I remember being pretty near terrified when we brought our girl home though. We sat her carrier (with her in it) down in the living room and we both looked at each other and said "now what?". Scar-ee. LOL

Rachel said...

So glad y'all are doing well!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...