Monday, July 25, 2011

An Agenda Of Sorts

One week from today I start work again. I've had a great time on maternity leave, and although it's going to be hard to leave the little guy I know he's going to be in good hands. There are a few things that I have on my agenda to do before I go back to work.

  • Finish my thank you notes. I only have about 10 more to do, but it seems as though as soon as I get the stuff out to do the notes, A needs me. It's like he has thank you note radar. You might be asking yourself, "Why doesn't she just finish the notes instead of blogging?" That would be a very good question to which I don't have a logical answer. My only excuse is that I'm a master at procrastination.


  • Get Anderson's 6 week footprint done, despite the fact that he's now almost 7 weeks. Ssshhh..this will be our little secret.


  • Get control on the ever mounting laundry situation. It doesn't matter how much I wash/dry and fold clothes; there are ALWAYS clean clothes in our laundry basket that don't seem to get put away.


  • Take lots of naps. 'Nuff said.


  • Get Jackson's birthday party stuff squared away. We're having a pool party for him over at my Mom and Dad's house on August 13th. I bought the invitations last night, but I need to fill them out and address them. I figure I need to finish the thank you notes first before I start working on something else!


  • Get Jackson's kindergarten stuff squared away. We're missing just a couple of school supplies and he will be ready to go. He picked out a Batman backpack and Superman lunch box this weekend. My boy is growing up way too fast!


  • Watch Jackson at his karate class tomorrow night. I'll post pics soon. He is so stinking cute in his uniform!


  • Find a new dress for Anderson's baby dedication. We are having his dedication on August 14th which is Jackson's 5th birthday and I have nothing to wear. We figured it would make things easy on family that will be coming in for the party to go ahead and do both at the same time.


  • Attend a paint class this Thursday night at my friend Kasey's art studio.


  • Try to see Harry Potter one more time.


  • And most importantly, spend lots and lots of time with my two boys. I'm keeping Jackson out of school most, if not all, of this week. I'm hoping Jeremy can take off on Friday and we can enjoy one last family day together before I go back to work and Jackson starts school in a few weeks. These days are precious, and I'm going to soak it up as much as I can!


I'll catch up with y'all later!

1 random thoughts:

Pam said...

I can't believe it's already almost time for you to return to work. Time really flies, but it looks like you've got a good list of things to do this week. Hope you can scratch every one off the list. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...