Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Avoided The Mouse Trap for 1,809 Days

Despite my efforts otherwise, Jackson has discovered  that Chuck E. Cheese’s exists, and that there is one practically in our backyard. I have the DisneyXD channel to thank for bringing the animatronic mouse to life for my little boy.  For almost 5 years I have intentionally left him in the dark about this little kid treasure trove. There are several reasons for this:

1. The location near us is not in the best neighborhood. It’s downright in the ghetto, and there is no way that I would EVER venture there at night or by myself.

2. It’s expensive. I’m about to drop $30 on pizza and oriental trading plastic toys won playing cheesy arcade games. I’m betting that not a single prize will survive the car ride home.

3. It’s germy. Thank goodness for Germ-X especially where kids, food and play sets are included.

Despite my reservations, I’m spending one of my final days of maternity leave taking Jackson to Chuck E. Cheezits (that’s what he keeps calling it) because I’m head over heels for that kiddo of mine. I think my sacrifice deserves some kind of trophy or medal or something. Jackson even roped my Mom into going with us, so at least I don’t have to suffer alone!

I’m sure Jackson will have the time of his life, and that alone makes surviving the mouse trap worth it. Almost.

1 random thoughts:

Pam said...

I hate that mouse. We went a couple of times for birthday parties but that was all. We never 'just went' out of the kindness of our hearts, so my hat's off to ya!

You are right..it is a germ infested noisy nightmare.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...