Friday, July 29, 2011

My Little Karate Kid

Jackson started karate at the YMCA a few weeks ago and he is loving it. He has class every Tuesday night for 30 minutes, and he is doing great. So far he has learned some self defense moves included blocks and some kicks, practiced his karate form, and learned how to get away from a stranger in a dangerous situation.

I’ve been very pleasantly surprised at how just a few weeks of class has really built up Jackson’s confidence. He has really found his voice, literally, when he is practicing which is a nice change from the time not too long ago when Jackson wouldn’t talk to anyone in public.

Right now Jackson is a white belt and he has earned 3 stripes for demonstrating his new moves. In a few weeks he will test for his next belt.

Here are some pictures of my cute karate kid. I know I’m biased, but I think he’s just about the cutest thing ever in that uniform!

Have a great day!

2 random thoughts:

trishandwade said...

He looks SO CUTE in his little uniform....glad he's liking it and learning so much!

Pam said...

He does look cute in that little uniform..I'm glad he's having a good time. It's probably great for him to have something all to himself....a big brother thing. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...