Saturday, September 10, 2011

We Remember…

It’s hard to believe that it’s been ten years since the attack on September 11, 2001. I told you before where I was on that fateful day, but it’s so hard to not relive the events that took place on a day that I will never forget.

As the anniversary has come up again I have such a heavy heart. I’ve not watched much of the coverage replaying the attacks this year, mostly because I don’t know how to explain it to Jackson if he were to walk into the room. I just can’t wrap my mind around trying to explain the most horrific thing I’ve ever seen to a five year old, and I don’t dare turn on the news for fear that he’ll see the horror of that day. I know that one day we’ll talk about what happened, but for now I’m just not near ready to cross that bridge.

In the ten years that have passed much has changed in my life. I’ve gotten married, finished college, had 2 kids, 5 jobs, bought a house and got a dog. My heart is heavy for those that lost their lives, and those that lost loved ones on that tragic day, and for all the things that they were never able to experience because of an act of war. I pray that God grants our country safety in light of the new terror threats, and I pray for peace for those affected by September 11, 2001.

We Remember…

Where were you when the world stopped turning?

2 random thoughts:

Shannie said...

I was about 7 or 8 years old. I had woken up in the middle of the night and went out to get a drink of water and found my Dad sitting on the couch with his head in his hands.

Pam said...

My heart just hurts. : (

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...