Friday, November 18, 2011

Close, But No Cigar

Jackson is learning tons of “popcorn” words in his kindergarten class. Popcorn words are words that will pop up frequently as he starts to read. He is super interested in spelling words lately, and we’re always spelling things together, especially when we are in the car.

The other day we were doing our spelling game when Jackson walked into the kitchen and announced that he had figured out how to spell another word.

Jackson: “Mama, I can spell ‘dog’ now!”

Me: “Wow! How do you spell ‘dog’?”

Jackson: “B-A-D!”

I guess Jackson has heard me say one too many times that Macy is B-A-D. I’m fairly certain that my days of spelling words because Jackson is in the room and I don’t want him to know what I’m talking about are numbered.

Too B-A-D for me.

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...