Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I Give Him Bonus Points For Creativity

At the very last minute I decided to take Jackson to Primed last night. He had been complaining of a sore throat for a few days, especially when he swallowed, and I didn’t want to let it get out of hand. He hadn’t been acting like himself all afternoon, complaining that he felt like he was going to throw up, then trying to go to the bathroom, and then saying he was all better when absolutely nothing had changed.

We were at church when I decided to take him on in because he still was complaining. When Jackson caught wind that he was heading to the doctor he was miraculously healed and became particularly clever:

“I was wrong, Mama, my throat decided that it’s all better now.”

And then on the way to the doctor: “Please, Mama, I promise that I was just making it up. I’m not sick!”

And then in the waiting room: “I really don’t need to see the doctor. You can just check me out of the waiting room.”

And then 30 seconds later: “I don’t want a shot. Please don’t let them give me a shot. I’m not sick anymore.”

And then 15 seconds later: “I’ll buy you a Hello Kitty cell phone if you just let me get out of here.”

And then in the exam room: “How about this for an idea; we just leave here and pretend we didn’t ever come.”

And then with the nurse: “I’m not sick and I’m really ready to go home.”

And with the doctor: “I can’t get a shot because its past my bedtime.”

Luckily for my creative kiddo, the strep test was negative and he just has a red throat and slightly red ear canal. He’s being treated with amoxicillin just in case, but no real cause for concern.

Too bad I won’t be getting that Hello Kitty cell phone.

1 random thoughts:

Mom said...

You have got to write a book. You will never get writer's block with Jackson. This is so priceless ... and ingenious!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...