Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Friendly Reminder From The Resident 5 Year Old

Tuesday evening it was pouring when I went to pick up the boys from daycare. I was already frazzled because I realized that I had a hole in the bottom of my work boots and my trouser socks were soaked. Add wet feet to the fact that it was freezing outside meant that I was not in the best of moods as I was trying to load the kids into the car. Our daycare has room for one car under the awning and I was trying to hurry and get the bags into the car, juggle an umbrella that was not worth the trouble, buckle Anderson into the car seat and attempt to stay dry. I was moving as fast as I could and asked Jackson for what had to be the 5th time to please get into the car.

I walked around to his side of the car to see what in the world was taking him so long and I see Jackson jumping around in a huge mud puddle splashing away. His shoes were absolutely soaked and I was not happy. I quickly asked him, “What in the world do you think you are doing?”

Without missing a beat, my sweet 5 year old said, “I’m jumping in a mud puddle, Mom. I’m a kid. This is what I’m supposed to do.”

Score 1 for the kid.

1 random thoughts:

Nana said...

I tell you ... I just love love love this kid. From a Nana's point of view, yes that is what a kid is suppose to do. I can say that 'cause I'm Nana.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...