Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Best Birthday Wishes Ever!

I’ve told y’all before, but I absolutely loved former Miss America, Heather Whitestone. She is from Alabama, has been deaf since she was 18 months old, and she won the pageant in 1995 with her amazing ballet routine to Via Dolorosa. Seriously, I recorded that pageant and watched it over and over again after she was. Dorky, I know, but she was so beautiful, and since I had been in ballet since I was a child, I thought it was the most amazing talent routine ever, especially considering she couldn’t hear the music while she danced.

For months now, Heather Whitestone McCallum and I have been “friends” on Facebook. It made my day when she accepted my friend request right before the Miss America Pageant last year. I’ve  commented on her page a few times when she posts pictures, and she “liked” a few of my comments, but yesterday, on my 32nd birthday, the coolest thing happened…

Heather Whitestone McCallum, former Miss America, told me “Happy Birthday!”

heatherwhitestone

I know I should be embarrassed by how much I loved this, but seriously, I loved it! I would have to say I shocked even myself with how quickly I “liked” her status. I don’t dare reply for fear of sounding like a stalker, but only birthday wishes from George W. Bush could compare. Maybe next year I can get a “Happy Birthday” from W! A girl can dream, right?!?

2 random thoughts:

Pam said...

I love it!!! : )

Rachel said...

Wow - that's awesome!! How sweet of her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...