Friday, September 14, 2012

Disney Day 3

We were back at Magic Kingdom bright and early Saturday morning and managed to get reservations for breakfast with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet at the Crystal Palace before the park even opened up. Our reservations were for 8:25, and we got into the park at 8:00. One of the Main Street vehicle drivers picked us up and took us for a ride down Main Street! We managed to get some amazing pictures of the Castle and Main street with no one else around. So much fun!

Breakfast was fun, and I picked Crystal Palace more for me than anyone else; I loved Pooh growing up, and even though I’m grown, it was fun spending time with the characters, especially Tigger who was always my favorite. We ate in a hurry because we wanted to be ready to go for rope drop, and we were right behind the Cast Members as they walked us from Main Street to Frontierland to get to Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. We rode tons of rides again, and ate lunch at Casey’s hotdogs and then headed back over to Epcot to go to Turtle time with Crush and check out the Nemo ride. It was so worth it! Jackson had a blast exploring Epcot, and the funny thing was, we spent hours there and never once managed to make it over to the “countries” around the lake. Jeremy and I both designed rides at the Sum of All Thrills and that was incredible! We road Soarin’ again and the enjoyed ice cream sandwich cookies before making our way to the Polynesian show for a luau.

Literally the only glitch we had on our trip was during this trip to dinner. The monorail had issues (with us on it) and we didn’t move for about 20 minutes. I was panicked thinking we weren’t going to make our dinner reservations (and pay dearly for that), but our travel agent with Pixie vacations, Emily Roach, was a godsend. I texted her from the monorail and she took care of getting in touch with the restaurant and I didn’t have to worry about a thing. She was amazing!

Word to the wise…do not plan 8:00 pm dinner reservations for a 2 hour dinner after you have walked 800 miles around Disney for 3 days. The food was good, but we were zombies by the time the  show actually started, and we headed out after an hour. By the time we got back to the hotel it was close to 10:00 and we had to pack to fly home the next day.

We had such an amazing trip, and I wouldn’t have done anything (other than the late dinner reservation) differently. Jackson loved flying in an airplane for the first time, and thanks to grandparents on both sides, we had such great one-on-one time with Jackson because we knew Anderson was having a blast at home. We can’t wait to take both the boys in a few years for another magical trip. Enjoy the pics!










Now it’s time to say goodbye to all our company…M-I-C…..See you real soon! K-E-Y…Why? Because we like you….M-O-U-S-E!!!!

2 random thoughts:

Kay said...

You had the most perfect trip! I am amazed at your lack of crowds. I love that for you. You had a short trip and you managed to pack it full and get it all done. Love the pics. Sigh...makes me want to go. Always!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Your trip looks like it was so much fun! Brought back memories of our trip a couple of years ago. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...