Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Vehicular Frustrations

A few days ago I shared my Facebook frustrations. Today, I let you journey into the depths of my mind to share my vehicular frustrations. Here we go, in no particular order...

1. People that have their car stereo so loud that it rattles my car windows and makes my heart beat funny. I don't like worrying that I'm about to have a heart attack because you have your radio up so loud that it is interfering with my heart rate. I don't know how you can stand to have it up that loud and actually stay inside the vehicle. If I can hear every word (and it's usually some filthy rap) that is blaring through your speakers, and both you and I have our windows up, you need to turn that garbage down.

 
2. People that ride in the left lane for miles at a time. The left lane is for passing. With the amount of driving I do, I see this all the time. If you are driving slower than other traffic, you need to get out of the way and move into the right lane. I'm not a speeder; a $180 traffic ticket by a State Trooper helped me come to that conclusion, but if you are traveling 65 on the interstate and the speed limit is 70, I'm going to pass your tail. I've got places to go and people to see, and you need to get out of my way.
 
 
3. Bumper stickers that support Obama. I confess I get a little bit of road rage when I see these. I don't do anything about my rage, mind you, but I get the rage none-the-less. I hope you enjoy my Mitt Romney sticker as I'm passing you!
 
 
4. Women that apply makeup while they are driving. I'm not referring to a swipe of lipstick here, but serious makeup application. I've seen lots of women applying complex parts of makeup, like mascara and eye liner, while driving 80 mph down the interstate. It makes me want to honk my horn so you stab yourself in the eye with your mascara wand when I see that. I've refrained thus far, but the day is not far off. See number 3 describing my road rage.
 

5. And without a doubt, my most rage inducing vehicular frustration is the trashy, tacky people that put look-a-like male anatomy parts on the hitch of their trucks or SUVs. Without getting too graphic, I don't want to see a pair of balls hanging off the back of your truck. It's not manly. It's not funny. It's gross and I frankly don't want to have to explain to my 6 year old boy why someone has a pair of "hinky hoo's" hanging off their trailer hitch. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Like I said in my Facebook frustrations post, I would never actually say any of this to someones face, but it's what I think. If you are guilty of these offenses, especially trailer hitch hinky hoo's, you need to have a moment of reflection to take a good, long hard look at yourself and your vehicular faults, repent, and never hang a pair of hinky hoo's off your trailer hitch again.

1 random thoughts:

Pam said...

Ha..all of the above. I get a little ticked when I see O stickers. It irritates me to no end. And the stereo thing drives me batty. It makes my heart feel funny and makes me a little sick to my stomach when I can feel lit like that. GA-ROSS! But I agree...I can totally live without seeing "hinky-hoo's" dangling back there. The first time I saw those I about died. Now I just roll my eyes. And get the creeps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...