- I've never been to New York. (Can't wait to go. I would hop on a plane today to the Big Apple. Unfortunately, Jeremy has been and never wants to go back. I'm trying to talk him into letting Jackson and I go on an amazing Mommy-Son trip since we both want to go, but he refuses to allow that. Scrooge.)
- I've never been to Washington D.C.. (Can't wait to go. Hopefully we will take a family trip around the time Jackson is in 4th or 5th grade so he can appreciate the history of the city.)
- I've never smoked. (Never will. )
- I've never been called for jury duty. (Would love to serve on a jury. That alone will probably mean that I will never be selected. Too willing and eager.)
- I've never had anything published. (Hopefully in the future this will be something I can cross off my "I Never" list.)
- I've never had a baby without being induced and having an epidural. (Never will.)
- I've never performed CPR or the Heimlich maneuver. (Although I was a lifeguard back in the day, thank God above that I never had to do a rescue, perform CPR or the Heimlich maneuver, although I'm still certified.)
- I've never donated an organ. (Weird thing to post, I know, but I've been on the kidney and bone marrow donor transplant list for years and despite my O-negative blood status, I've never been called up to be tested for an organ donation. Maybe one day I'll get to give the gift of life to someone if they need it!)
- I've never left North America. (I've been to Mexico, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, and St. Thomas, but never left North America. One day I want to go to Africa and Australia, and maybe Italy and Germany, but that's about it for international travel for me.)
- I've never eaten a Whopper. (Whopper, Jr., yes, but not a full size Whopper. No desire to.)
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Here are 10 things I've never done, and my thoughts behind it in parenthesis.
Posted by Wade's World on Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Jackson is heading to Lad and Dad camp today with Jeremy and he is so excited! The camp is about 100 miles from our house, and he's going to be able to hike, swim, do "boy" stuff like archery and cooking a meal on a buddy burner, meet missionaries and tons of other stuff. He and Jeremy are going to have a blast, and I can't wait to hear about the fun he's going to have. Keep them in your prayers for a safe trip and lots of fun!
Posted by Wade's World on Thursday, July 25, 2013
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Monday, July 22, 2013
Jackson lost his second tooth last week.
He goes to RA camp for the first time this week with Jeremy.
He starts 2nd grade in less than a month.
Anderson is almost 2 years and 2 months old.
He moves up to the 2 year old Sunday School class in 2 weeks, and he's already moved into the 2 year old class at his school.
He's growing like a weed and has personality to boot.
Time? I'm gonna need you to slow down, because this Mama can't handle all this change.
Posted by Wade's World on Monday, July 22, 2013
Monday, July 15, 2013
- Jeremy worked this weekend, and I headed on the 4 hour round trip drive to the meeting point for us to get Jackson back from his week in Mississippi. Anderson and I were to leave at 9:30 in the morning on Saturday, and Anderson decided at 9:00 to take a nap. That, my friends, was the start of my day! He cried for an hour of the trip: 30 minutes going, and 30 minutes coming home. Good times! On the plus side, I was glad to have Jackson back. I've missed my big boy!
- Jackson has decided to make up for not seeing us for a week by talking non-stop since he got home. There has been more than a few times the past couple of days that I wished (partly) that I wore hearing aids just so I could turn down the volume. Please don't judge me.
- By 8:00 last night I was done. I had been with the boys virtually all weekend by myself and I holed myself up in my bedroom with the iPad and Netflix and chilled. It was divine!
- I have a big problem eating salads that have fruit on them. I like my salads with cheese, grilled chicken and blue cheese dressing. Fruit has no place with lettuce. I like my fruit plain. Fruit doesn't need dressing up. It is enough all on it's own. Unlike me this past weekend.
- I got a new maxi skirt this week and I'm loving it. I'm contemplating going back and getting a few more in different colors. Long, comfy, and I don't have to worry about my legs being shaved!
- It has rained here everyday for roughly the past 3 weeks. Good news for our water bill, bad news for our jungle thick grass. I'm googling specifics for an ark in case we need to build one soon. Do you know where I can get gopher wood?
- I ordered custom Mickey tie-dye shirts for Anderson and my parents for our Disney trip about a month ago (to match our shirts from a year ago), and they finally came in. You haven't seen cute until you have seen a size 2T Mickey tie-dye shirt. Loving it!
- I've lost a total of 68 pounds from my highest weight, and my goal is to lose 17 more before Disney in September. That would put me back down to my high school weight. I don't know that I can do it, but it's not going to hurt to try. It will, however, hurt my wallet to buy more clothes because, y'all, nothing fits me anymore. It's a good problem to have, but it's a problem. I need to win the lottery because my wardrobe is sparse.
Posted by Wade's World on Monday, July 15, 2013
Thursday, July 11, 2013
So far today Anderson has:
1. Woken up at 4:30 and refused to go back to sleep unless he was being held.
2. Woken me up by cramming his pointer finger up my left nostril to depths I didn't know could be reached short of having a flu test.
3. Eaten 3 separate breakfasts.
4. Stripped nekkid from the waist down and refused to let Jeremy or I put a diaper and clothes back on him.
5. Pitched 3 fits for not getting his way.
Yep....he's 2 alright!
Posted by Wade's World on Thursday, July 11, 2013
Monday, July 08, 2013
Rain, rain and more rain!
Weekend in Hattiesburg, MS with Jeremy’s family.
Had an amazing time!
Left Jackson for a week at Camp Papa and Gigi.
Anderson has only child syndrome right now.
He is rotten!
Clean report from the dentist this morning!
Swimming laps tonight, if it doesn’t storm!
Posted by Wade's World on Monday, July 08, 2013
Wednesday, July 03, 2013
Jackson was the honorary bat kid of the game last night at the Montgomery Biscuits baseball game, and he had such a good time. As bat kid, he got to throw out the first pitch, give the ump water during breaks, yell "play ball" before the game, and play catch on the field. He loved it! He did great throwing out the first pitch, and he loved all the special attention that he got from the Biscuits staff and players. We will definitely have to sign up again next year!
Posted by Wade's World on Wednesday, July 03, 2013
Monday, July 01, 2013
I've known Allison since I was 6 years old, and she was 4. We practically grew up as sisters, with us being 2 years apart, and each of our younger sisters being 2 years apart, and I view her parents as a second set of parents. So it was me, Allison, Kellyn and Crystal. We lived next door to each other through most of high school, and then her parents moved to the other side of town, and eventually to Denver and now live in Arkansas. Allison's younger sister, Crystal, still lives 5 minutes away from us, and we are still super close.
Allison married Jason, and the two of them begin the journey of an Air Force military family, being stationed in Salt Lake City, Italy, and now Alaska. Through the years they have added 3 precious boys to their family, Chase, Zachary and Eli. Allison is a great mom, and has done amazing with the solo parenting that comes with being a military spouse, including spending her first winter in Alaska alone with the boys while Jason was on TDY. This past weekend Allison and her crew came back to town to stay with her sister and we got to spend some precious time reconnecting with each other. I haven't seen Allison since Crystal's wedding 2 years ago, but like always, it was like time had stood still. We met up at my parents house Saturday night for hamburgers, hotdogs and swimming, and then went to a Biscuits game last night and enjoyed hanging out with all of our kids. Between us 4 girls, we have 5 sons and 1 daughter, so it was a funny and wild weekend!
We have a friendship that has withstood the test of being miles apart and not seeing each other for years, but nothing will come between the two of us. She has, and always will be, a sister to me, and I will love her always!
Posted by Wade's World on Monday, July 01, 2013