Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Our New Version of Christmas

Our boys, being 7 and 2, really don't need anything for Christmas. Our house as it is is overflowing with toys, games and books, and yet every year when Christmas rolls around we are bringing more stuff into the house like we have no limits. Well, this year we are starting a new game plan for the kids. Santa will come as usual, probably bringing with him tablets, headphones, and footballs for the boys, maybe a few other very small things, but the big difference will be in what Jeremy and I give the boys. I had a friend tell me about this plan, and I loved it so much. We are getting the boys 4 gifts: something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read. They will also be getting a Christmas Eve gift to open with new pajamas, popcorn and a Christmas movie. Trying to scale back on spending money just to spend money isn't easy, but I think now is the time to do it, while the boys are still very young and impressionable.

We will see how it goes, but I'm excited for our new traditions. What do you do in your family?

1 random thoughts:

Pam said...

I think this is a great idea..and good to start it when they are young and then they won't know any different in their memory. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...