Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Summer In the South

We are 3 days away from the official start of summer, and already I feel like the Wicked Witch when she is dying..."I'm melting! Melting! Oh, what a world! What a world!" Y'all it is H-O-T 'round here, and have months to go before it is cooler. How ever will I survive? I feel like I'm in a constant state of hot flashes, and I'm not even menopausal.

So here's what I'm doing to try to stave off full-on heatstroke.
  • Taking cold showers. I start my showers off lukewarm, and gradually turn the water colder and colder until right before I get out, and then I turn it full force cold water. So.Stinking.Refreshing.
  • Sleeping with an ice pack. I have the perfect ice pack. It is a feed corn ice pack, so it is very flexible with soft fabric, and I keep it in the freezer until bedtime and then I sleep with it either under my neck, or right by my feet. It feels like heaven on earth, and Jackson and Anderson even do the same thing with their own ice packs. Jeremy thinks we are crazy, but we love it. The three of us can't sleep without them now!
  • Blow drying my hair with the hairdryer turned onto cold. Yes, it takes longer to dry my hair, but I don't find myself sweating from blasting hot air on my scalp.
  • Swimming any chance I can ge.
  • Keeping the air conditioner on full blast, and running all the fans constantly.
Am I missing anything that can help me survive? Cause y'all, this girl may have been born and raised in the glorious South, but apparently I'm not cut out for the heat.

*Now excuse me as I go put my feet into an ice cold bath tub. 
 

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...