So here's what I'm doing to try to stave off full-on heatstroke.
- Taking cold showers. I start my showers off lukewarm, and gradually turn the water colder and colder until right before I get out, and then I turn it full force cold water. So.Stinking.Refreshing.
- Sleeping with an ice pack. I have the perfect ice pack. It is a feed corn ice pack, so it is very flexible with soft fabric, and I keep it in the freezer until bedtime and then I sleep with it either under my neck, or right by my feet. It feels like heaven on earth, and Jackson and Anderson even do the same thing with their own ice packs. Jeremy thinks we are crazy, but we love it. The three of us can't sleep without them now!
- Blow drying my hair with the hairdryer turned onto cold. Yes, it takes longer to dry my hair, but I don't find myself sweating from blasting hot air on my scalp.
- Swimming any chance I can ge.
- Keeping the air conditioner on full blast, and running all the fans constantly.
*Now excuse me as I go put my feet into an ice cold bath tub.