Monday, August 25, 2014

Dragon Boat Day!

On Saturday I raced in my first Dragon Boat challenge with the team from my office. Our team name was Counting Crue, the Motley Crue version of accountants, complete with tattoos and skull caps. Each team consists of a drummer that keeps the team stroke cadence and 20 rowers. We raced 3 races over the day, and we finished up in 19th out of 67 teams. We won our first heat, came in 4th out of 6 teams for our second heat, and won our last heat. Not too shabby! It was so hot outside. We hit 100 degrees, and the heat index was pushing 110, but our tent crew did a great job of keeping us cool and hydrated throughout the day, and we had tons to eat and drink. I am sore beyond belief, but I had an absolute blast and can't wait to do it again next year. Until then, paddles up! Enjoy the pics and videos!











































1 random thoughts:

Pam said...

I love it that you got to do this....AND that it was such a great experience for you. Hot, but great. ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...