Tuesday, December 18, 2007

So much to say...

After much anticipation on our part, the crib tent finally arrived (2 days earlier than expected!!!) I thought that I could handle putting it up all by myself, and surprise Jeremy when he got home with my ingenuity. Let’s just say, that didn’t happen. I believe that I was at the point where I was equating putting this tent together with labor and childbirth. I honestly think I actually worked harder last night trying to put that stupid tent together than I did when Jackson was born.

All that to say, it was nowhere near finished when Jeremy got home. After a few minutes, we got it done, and put on his crib. Jackson had the best time playing with the box it came in, and I couldn’t help but smile at him and tell him that he had no idea how much fun I was going to have once we got that tent up.

If any other parents out there have the aquarium that goes on the side of the crib, you know how much fun it is to put that thing on, or take it off. It’s about as fun as a root canal with no anesthesia. Well, guess what..the tent won’t work right if the aquarium is inside the crib, so we had to take it off. Let’s just say that whoever designed that little contraption should be lined up and shot. They decided to put the batteries inside the little section that screws on, which is fine, but then you also have to attach it to the crib from inside the battery section. How stupid is that!!! This involves putting yourself into positions that could only be mastered by yoga experts, and that I have no desire to find myself in anytime soon.

Finally…we got it all done. Other than a zipper that is slightly louder than one might like when you are trying to check on a sleeping child, it seems great so far. Jackson was asleep when we put him in the crib last night, and he slept, well, like a baby all night long. Then, at 5:00 this morning, he woke up and must have been panicked by his tent. He was WAILING. We got him in bed with us, and then later this morning, we put him back in the crib, and got him laughing. I don’t want him being scared by the tent, or needing therapy in 20 years because of his fears that he is being trapped. I am sure that I will have plenty of tent reports in the near future.

In other news, Jackson is having to go back to the ENT tomorrow to have his ears checked out. As you may know, Jackson got tubes put in back in April. His left tube has not fallen out of his ear, but it is not working, and the right one is fine. Because of that, his right ear is draining like a faucet right now from his cough/cold, and the left one is not doing anything. I would be big bucks that he has another ear infection, and if so, I will be jumping to get that tube put back in his ear. I will NOT go through another winter like we did last year. Simply not gonna happen...

I have posted several new pics are of Jackson's few favorite thing to do while I am getting changed after work. Look closely....Where's Jackson???? Have a great Tuesday!!!


1 random thoughts:

Unknown said...

that tent is hysterical! What a brilliant idea for your little monkey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...